Saturday, July 06, 2013

Ugly Wallet #1

I had Chinese food for lunch one day last week; Erick, one of my co-workers, was nice enough to buy lunch for everyone. After the meal, I received a fortune cookie. The contents of the cookie:


I thought it would be a good idea to take that advice. 
Besides writing these blog posts, 
I'm pushing myself to complete the next chapter of a book. 

Oddly enough, a couple of days later,
I saw someone else's fortune lying on the floor of a bus.
I decided to take a picture of it, without reading it.


Still couldn't read it from the photo. So I took another picture.


Blurry, hard-to-read still. 
(Later, my girlfriend thought that it said "dragon." 
It looks like the word "dragon." I wish it said "dragon.") 


One more pic should do it...


Well, someone else's fortune was pretty similar to mine, except that it's not really a fortune. It's more like some decent advice, or a clever definition. Am I allowed to accept the fortune of someone else's fortune cookie?

Who cares? I thought to myself. I'm doing it.


So I bought this ugly wallet for five dollars.

(This one right here.) 


And this wallet is apparently made of genuine leather:
(As indicated here.)

No way this wallet's genuine anything. (Genuinely ugly, maybe.)

I figure this wallet is going to fall apart,
but I want to see if the investment
was really worth the money.


My goal is to see if this wallet lives past its deadline
which I figure is about three months
that would be a dream.


Look forward to more posts about the ugly wallet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Omg! I saw your wallet when I met you at Starbucks and I thought " that's an UGLY wallet" then I wen to you blog and found your post...funny I hope it lasts you the 3 months. Haha

~Lissett