Monday, July 29, 2013

Judgmentality, and mirror poem


No one wants to answer the question: 
Am I judgmental?


Well, am I?


I can't speak for anyone but myself: I must be judgmental. 

Make no mistake! I don't want-to-be judgmental, but I am. I try to treat everyone just the same, love my neighbor as I would love my own, and shit like that. "I don't judge," I hear people say (myself included). Don't get me wrong now; I try my darnedest not-to-be offensive.

God, even the word offensive is offensive!
(The fact that I chose not to edit that
could be considered offensive.)

~


Is everyone judgmental, then?


Again, I can't speak for anybody else. In fact, best to take it a step further: I don't care if anyone else wants to judge me. (I've heard people say that too.) Do I care though? I mean, I want to be nice, at least. I wouldn't want to anyone to get hurt. I wouldn’t want to make waves... etc. Bo-ring!


"so what then, are you saying I'm judgmental"


You be you. I be me.

(Thank you, guts.)

~     ~     ~

mirror chant

I see myself
Not, not myself -

Looking-glass spot.

Then I thought up
How to see myself

See myself
Not-not
 
      ~     ~     ~

Judgmentality, Thoughts of;
When no man nodded to me
It created an unclean heart
And I meant no dis
Honorable mention

Given unto you
The gift of your nod
Thy revels they’re
Cling there to you

~

What is meant
By fearing this
Believing that
When the rest is but
Honorable Mention


      ~     ~     ~


Had to pull a Real Estate sign
 out of the ground
 at my construction job.

Tim snapped this picture.


Draw your own conclusions.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your mirror poem. Reposted at http://lettersfromtheempire.com/2013/07/30/mirror-chant-repost-via-the-enthusiastic-observer/.

Unknown said...

I love your mirror poem. Reposted at http://lettersfromtheempire.com/2013/07/30/mirror-chant-repost-via-the-enthusiastic-observer/.